Personality[edit | edit source]
The popular Usao-kun all the way from Keyboardmania!
Now performance fees are a whole watermelon~
Character Information[edit | edit source]
Pop'n Music 8:
The position of the black eyes is very delicate
Looking back, I've redrawn it many times before getting to Usao-kun
Although watermelon will appear a lot,
I think the watermelon dog's cute
Formerly, a certain program's "watermelon man" was seriously afraid
Sleeping with his head on a futon didn't rid of his habit of sleeping in a curled position
Watermelon has had a tremendous impact on my life
＊ ちひろ ＊
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Usao-kun is an lavender anthropomorphic rabbit with a dazed expression and large black eyes, which Chihi notes was difficult to get on point. He dons a white T-shirt saying "I ♥ KM" and blue shorts.
Not much about Usao-kun's appearance has changed, aside from his red, white and black vest with a blue belt and shorts.
NET Self[edit | edit source]
|Attack||Usao the dimwit (ウサおぼん Usao bon?)|
|Damage||OW!! (わー！Wa ̄ !)|
|GOOD Play||Happy~ (はっぴ～ Happi~?)|
|BAD Play||OW!! (わー！Wa ̄ !)|
|WIN||Yay! (わーい！Wa ̄ i!)|
|LOSE||Oh no... (いや... Iya...)|
Other Character Comments[edit | edit source]
Fascinating melodies and popping rhythms from power bursts.
Usao-kun, is exploring the autumn festival.
Pop'n Music 19 TUNE STREET Town Mode[edit | edit source]
KEYBOARDMANIAの曲が 聞こえたよ～ 剣を持ってて～ 土の上を歩いていたかな～？
Songs from KEYBOARDMANIA I heard~ I have a blade~ Wonder why I'm walking on this land~?
はっぴ～。ボク、ウサおくん！ ミミちゃんが最大のライバル！ ウソだよ～ん。
Happy~. I, Usao-kun! Am Mimi-chan's biggest rival! Just kidding.
Etymology[edit | edit source]
"Usao" is the Japanese word for rabbit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- USAO-kun's clothes in his Pop'n Music 12 Iroha appearance reflect the Japanese holiday Autumnal Equinox Day (秋分の日, Shuubun no hi). It is a holiday for showing respect to one's ancestors.
- USAO-kun does not have a 2P color.
- The green bear in Usao-kun's animations for Gamelan is named Hickey.
- The dog in his animations for Lite Pop is a reference to the dog in SUN BEAM from KEYBOARDMANIA 2nd mix.
- Usao-kun appears in the movie for Beatmania IIDX 6th style's song "PARAPARA PARADISE."
- Usao-kun is a hidden playable character in ParaParaParadise 2ndMIX.
- He is also a character in another Konami game called 出撃！戦国革命, the weakest character attack-wise while being the quickest.
- Usao-kun has a song dedicated to him in KEYBOARDMANIA 2nd mix titled USAO-KUN.
- In addition, he makes cameo appearances in MR.C.C. from KEYBOARDMANIA 1st mix, EE-AL-K from KEYBOARDMANIA 3rd mix and Sabre Dance and SUN BEAM from 2nd mix along with Hickey.