- ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火" is part of wac's Zodiac series of songs, representing Scorpius.
- An eight minute version of the full concerto in three movements of ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火", titled ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火" (Pf Concerto No.1 "Anti-Ares"), can be found on the beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED Original Soundtrack album.
- Another long version of ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火" appears on wac's album, 音楽. This one features orchestra work by Osamu Kubota.
- ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火"'s BPM changes are as follows:<br?/>185→165→177→184→180→168→173→174→177→178→179→184→186→188→179→182→188→180.
- ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火" is thought to be inspired from Sergei Rachmaninov's "Piano Concerto No.2 in C-minor" first movement, which has a very similar style. This would also explain the resemblance in author names (Sergei Rachmaninov / Virkato Wakhmaninov).
- ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火" is one of the unlocks of pop'n music 20 fantasia's Dormir & wac 1stAlbum hatsubai kinen (Dormir & wac 1stAlbum発売記念?) event. It could be unlocked from February 15th, 2012 by playing wac songs in NET TAISEN MODE, and filling the 音楽 gauge.
- As of July 4th, 2012, it is available by default.
- ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火" marked the first time when a BEMANI crossover to pop'n music received an EX chart rated Level 43 (on the 1 to 43 scale).
- After pop'n music Sunny Park, ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火" is the only BEMANI crossover in pop'n music with its EX chart rated Level 50 out of 50.
- ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火" received an EASY chart in pop'n music Sunny Park, replacing its old 5-Buttons chart.
- On the American iTunes page for the 音楽 album, ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火" was renamed to Pf Concerto No.1 "Anti-Ares".
- ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火"'s EASY chart was re-rated in pop'n music éclale on March 22nd, 2016.
Beautiful, fragile diffusing.
Song Production Information
Virkato Wakhmaninov (1873-1974) was born to an average working family making matryoshka in the Caucausus mountains. His father wanted him to grow up to become a splendid man, so he gave him the name virkato (which means tomcat) and raised him to become a wrestling pro. He also took piano lessons from his mother, and his talent began to blossom.
Unfortunately, a fall in the market value of matryoshka led to his parents' financial downfall. In the end, even their beloved Steinway was seized, and Virkato took to practicing straight out of textbooks, using the backs as mock pianos. The memorial piano concerto no. 1 "ANTI-ARES" was born from these feelings of loss and despair.
As this is a piece in three movements, it is fairly typical of the structure of most piano concertos. However, since the first performance was on a great keyboard and disc, it was necessary to halve the length of the piece, and so most of it takes on the character of the first movement. For that reason, the differences between contrasting passages (light vs. dark, high and low polyphony) are more pronounced, like something out of the children's series "Yokatta ne Ned-kun".
Satisfied with the results of this first performance, Virkato, caught up in the elation of the moment, cried, "Won't the people who buy the soundtrack listen to something even more repulsive!?" It's probably well that he stopped there.
After that, Virkato himself spoke fairly often about this "arrangement for a great keyboard and disc", but in his last years he left behind these words: "An arrangement for a keyboard of seven keys may be possible". It is only now that this dream has been realized.
Difficulty & Notecounts
ポップンリズミン difficulty rated from 1 to 10.
|pop'n music 20 fantasia||19||24||38||43||21||37|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→ラピストリア||※14||30||44||↑50||21||37|
|pop'n music éclale→Present||↑※20||30||44||50||21||37|
※ The notecount of this chart is different from the old 5-Buttons chart (total notes: 217).
ポップンリズミン (pop'n rhythmin)