POP-STEP-UP needs its song production/character information, music comment(s), net self lines and/or staff comments translated.
All unknowns notecounts are marked with an "?"
3-2-1 Let's Play! ※Give me a "P" Give Me an "O" Give me a "P" Give me an "N" Give me an "M" Give me a "U" Give me an "S" Give me an "I" Give me a "C" POP'N MUSIC! Good! ※ref Keep going! ※ref
Song Connections / Remixes
- A MIDI arrangement of POP-STEP-UP appears in Dance Dance Revolution FamiMat (ダンスダンスレボリューション ふぁみマット?).
- The EX chart of POP-STEP-UP has entirely different melodies during most of the song, to match the more advanced chart.
- POP-STEP-UP's charts are made of several different patterns, for which the song serves as a "training" song.
- The note patterns at the start, middle, and end of POP-STEP-UP's charts roughly spell "POP'N MUSIC", following the lyrics.
- POP-STEP-UP received a brand-new NORMAL chart in pop'n music 9. The original NORMAL chart was moved to the HYPER chart.
- POP-STEP-UP marks the first appearance of Mimi as a rival character in pop'n music (not counting the spin-off pop'n stage). Before this song, the only time where she was a rival character was alongside Nyami on Theme of staff roll ~special mix~ as POPPERS.
- A small loop of music from POP-STEP-UP is used in pop'n music 9's How to Play tutorial.
- POP-STEP-UP is used as the tutorial song for pop'n music (Wii).
- POP-STEP-UP's NORMAL chart was re-rated in pop'n music éclale on March 22nd, 2016.
- POP-STEP-UP received a brand-new EX chart in pop'n music peace, as part of the pop'n time trip (ポップンタイムトリップ?) event. This chart can be unlocked from May 23rd, 2019 by filling out 8 stamps of the first pop'n music 5 card.
- From December 24th, 2020 in pop'n music 解明リドルズ, it is available by default.
- Unlike the other charts for the song, POP-STEP-UP's EX chart has Long pop-kuns, Highlight Zones, and BPM changes.
- POP-STEP-UP's EX chart has 34 Highlight Zones, the most of any song in pop'n music.
- In POP-STEP-UP's EX chart, the regular "POP'N MUSIC" pattern is used at the start, a more complex alternate pattern is used in the middle, and there is a very complex pattern at the end that spells "POP'N MUSIC! PEACE♥".
Song Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
|Notecounts / Long pop-kun||242 / 0||348 / 0||456 / 0||1008 / 32||453||-|
|pop'n music 5||-||※30||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 6||12||※↓22||-||-||N/A||-|
|pop'n music 9→20 fantasia||↓9||15||30||-||22||-|
|pop'n music éclale→Usaneko||-||↑28||36||-||22||-|
|pop'n music peace→Present||-||28||36||48||22||-|
|pop'n music 5 CS||-||※30||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 6 CS||12||※22||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 9 CS||9||15||30||-||22||-|
※ The notecount of this chart correspond to the later 9-Buttons HYPER chart.
pop'n music mobile
pop'n music mobile difficulty rated from 1 to 10.
|pop'n music mobile||?||?||4||-|
|pop'n music mobile 2||?||?||?||?|