Getsufuma, or simply Fuma, is one of the characters from Pop'n Music 18 Sengoku Retsuden, and a cameo character from Getsu Fūma Den. He is also a playable character in Castlevania: Harmony of Despair through DLC.
Personality[edit | edit source]
To avenge his slain brothers, the sole survivor
got the stolen family treasure "wave swords" back from the Getsu brothers and shall kill the devil Ryuukotsuki.
Getsufuma is described to hate bullying, and has a sense of justice, especially when he swears to avenge for his fallen brothers.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Fuma is the youngest Getsu brother and the survivor. The manual describes him as being "beyond a human." He is 19 years old, 180 cm tall, 75 kg, can run 100 meters in six seconds and can lift three rice bags at once. In Getsu Fūma Den, he is almost identical to Simon Belmont, barring his red hair and signature Wave Sword.
More information about Getsufuma can be read here.
NET Self[edit | edit source]
|Attack||Great sonic waves (大念動波 Dainendouha?)|
|Damage||Gah! (ぐはっ！ Guhaa!?)|
|GOOD Play||Take this! (くらえっ！ Kuraee!?)|
|BAD Play||I'm not done! (まだだ！ Madada!?)|
|WIN||I did it, brothers (やったぜ兄者 Yatta ze anija?)|
|LOSE||I regret... (無念… Munen...?)|
Other Character Comments[edit | edit source]
Pop'n Music 19 TUNE STREET Town Mode[edit | edit source]
兄者の無念を晴らすため 龍骨鬼を討ち取るために 旅を続けている・・・
To avenge my brothers' deaths I'll assassinate Ryuukotsuki My adventure continues...
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Getsufuma's name translates to "lunar wind demon" in English.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Getsufuma shares his birthday with Forgel Wanda.
- Getsufuma's birthdate is derived from the original release of Getsu Fūma Den.
- Similar to most crossover characters, Getsufuma has no 2P version.
- Getsufuma is based off of Fūma Kotarou (風魔 小太郎), who was also the inspiration for several different Konami games taking place in the Sengoku era.
- Aside from Pop'n Music, Getsufuma has also appeared in a myriad of series.
- He is a playable character in the Castlevania-inspired platformer Konami Wai Wai World. Fuma is located in the Hell level and uses a shuriken sword that can destroy certain blocks, and can stab upwards. Simon Belmont can also be played as.
- Getsufuma is a Warrior card in Yu-Gi-Oh, written as "Getsu Fuhma." He has a Dark attribute with a 1700/1200 ATK and DEF.
- A female Fuma-inspired character named Tsukishi Hanafuma appears in Otomedius X. A female version of Ryuukotsuki also appears as a boss.
- Fuma's theme is an arrangement of Go! Getsu Fuma from Castlevania: Harmony of Despair.
- His original 8-bit sprite appears in his animations, instead of his Pop'n Music design.
- Fuma fights Ryuukotsuki's third form in his Dance animation, akin to the final fight.
- In his Lose animation, an old woman appears and says "Hiihiihii. Welcome to the cursed hell."
- Fuma's Pop'n Music artwork parodies the cartridge artwork for Getsu Fūma Den.